Course Prereqs & Reqs
Pre-requisites: PSY1010 + PSY2010 with a grade of C or higher
Just like a photographer needs a camera and an artist needs a paintbrush - you will need:
1. a computer (desktop or laptop) with decent memory so that you can run several programs at once such as: excel, proctorio, Canvas, and SPSS (see below).
2. a reliable internet connection
3. the program SPSS installed on your computer - this software download will be provided to you free of charge. I will send you the information you need in a Canvas message - if you need help installing it, contact SUU IT at 435-865-8200
4. the book below - which we WILL be using for the class and lab.
White, L.H. (2018). Statistics Straight Up: The Essential Guide to Understanding and Using Statistics. New York, NY: Linus Learning.
5. time - between class time and homework, you should fully expect to spend 9 hours/week on this class (not including the lab). Why so much? Because learning statistics is like learning a new language. You need to immerse yourself almost daily to succeed. Rest assured, I will try and make this as fun and pain-free as possible!
Note: the 9 hours/week is based on the expectation that students will work 2 hours for every hour in class.