Connecting students to knowledge
and its application
Southern Utah University
Lynn White, Ph.D.
Brain and Behavior
Bonus Points and Rewards
Earning bonus points: 310 possible
5 points per class, 4 points if tardy 85 points
1 point for each correct answer 140 points
1 point for each correct answer 50 points
Syllabus Quiz 15 points
Festival of Excellence Summaries 20 points
HOW DO I TRACK MY BONUS POINTS?
Go to the class in Canvas and click on "grades". Scroll down to the end of the page. Add together three numbers:
number of points in the "Bonus Points" category + number of points in the "Module Quizzes" category + number of points in the "Quizzes on Videos" category
DO NOT add up the %. You must add the actual points.
Redeeming bonus points for rewards
Erase a late fee 20 points
Drop a module quiz 100 points
Increase your 15 SARA quiz score by 5% 100 points
Increase your SARA movie by 5% 100 points
Increase your video quiz scores by 5% 100 points
opt-out or drop the final exam 200 points
Terms and Conditions
1. Bonus points cannot increase a grade beyond 100%
2. There is no limit on how many late fees you can erase
3. Rewards can only be used once on a given assignment. For example, you cannot erase a late fee on your SARA presentation and then increase the grade by 5%
4 You can only drop one module quiz
5. Please do not ask me to figure out which actions will maximize your final grade. I am lousy at math.
6. To redeem bonus points, you must complete the Canvas assignment "Redeeming Bonus Points" by the last day of finals. Once redeemed, the action cannot be undone.