Bonus Points and Rewards
EARNING BONUS POINTS
Syllabus and website quiz: 20 points
Pre-studio segment quizzes: 1 point for each correct answer 225 points possible
fog i.d. questions: 1 point
25 points possible
Studio class attendance: 5 points/class, -1 point if you are tardy, -1 point if you leave early 130 points possible
Studio class pod teaching: 5 points to the teacher (on top of attendance) 40 points possible
Glossary quizzes: see "the rules": 100 total points possible.
Psych dept. research symposium (fall) or SUU festival of excellence (spring): attendance and summary
20 points possible
GRAND TOTAL: 560 points
REDEEMING POINTS FOR REWARDS
erase a late fee on a test or assignment 20 points
drop a studio quiz 30 points drop a studio assignment 100 points
drop a progress test 250 points
opt-out of the comprehensive final exam 460 points
Terms and Conditions
1. There is no limit on how many late fees you can erase
2. No more than 5 studio quizzes can be dropped
3. No more than 2 studio assignments can be dropped
4. No more than 2 progress tests can be dropped
5. Please do not ask me to figure out which actions will maximize your final grade. I am lousy at math!
6. If you opt-out of the final, this means your grade will be based only on studio quizzes, progress tests, and studio assignments.
7. To redeem bonus points, you must complete the Canvas assignment "Redeeming Bonus Points" by the last day of finals. Once redeemed, the action cannot be undone.
HOW DO I TRACK MY BONUS POINTS?
Go to the class in Canvas and click on "grades". Scroll down to the end of the page. Add together two numbers:
number of points in the "bonus points activities" category + number of points in the "chapter segment quizzes" category.
DO NOT add up the %. You must add the actual points.